Hey all. I had a plan for today’s post, but that was kinda thrown out the window, today. I crashed hard on the couch, and after the fact, I got nauseous. I spent some, ah, personal time in front of the toilet, and now I’m shaking. I’ll pull off my planned post tomorrow, but I can still tell you guys what I’m working on.
I mentioned before that the Keepersverse has five metaphysical planes , or “realms”, within the world. These are known, simply enough, as The Five Realms:
- The Beyond: The Afterlife. Heaven. Paradise. Moving on.
- Vita: The physical realm. Where life exists and thrives. Where Natural Energy manifests itself into the different elements that make up the world.
- Nativus: Where the Leylines are formed. Where they are the strongest, and most powerful. Where all energy of all kinds goes when dissipated. When a fire is extinguished, the energy that made that fire will almost always find its was back to Nativus.
- The Perdition: Hell. Punishment. Prison. You can get there by either dying with many sins on your soul with no redemption…or, your soul can be cursed to go there on your death.
- The Inbetween: This realm exists in between all the others. Kind of like layered cake: The Beyond is white chocolate, The Inbetween is the frosting, Vita is milk chocolate, The Inbetween is still the frosting, Nativus is chili chocolate, The Inbetween is still the frosting, and The Perdition is dark chocolate. It’s also Purgatory. If you die, and have any sort of “unfinished business” left behind, your soul will wander The Inbetween, for almost all eternity…unless you can find peace. Like being sent to The Peridition via a curse, someone can curse your soul to wander The Inbetween, for all eternity, of course.
All throughout the realms, Leylines–lines that hold Natural Energy–are webbed, despite them being weaker in some realms, and stronger in others. Someday, I want to create a world map for KoB, and on it, I want to plot and indicate the Leylines all within the world: where they gather, where they are the strongest, where are the weakest, etc. But until then, I’ll settle with the Realm Map, instead.
….and did I really just use chocolate cake to describe realm placement? *facepalm* I don’t even like chocolate all that much!
Anyways, I did manage to get an initial sketch done, just to scribble some thoughts out. I’ll probably work off that for now.
I’m also planning on resuming work on the Bonus Episodes this week. I’m debating wether or not to pull another all-nighter, as well as try to come up with lyrics for another song. I have one in mind, but all I have is the title, and an ideal tempo, and that’s just about it. I love playing music…but creating original scores, for me at least, is a challenge within itself.
Anyways, I’m still kinda shaky, and I’m starting to feel woozy again…so I’m just gonna rest. Also, I need to revise how late in the evening I post. Sorry about that, guys. I’ll be posting again tomorrow, to make up for it.